Outbox is a technology incubation, collaboration space and innovation hub that supports techies and further support for people to turn their tech ideas that utilize mobile and web into sustainable businesses., with a vision “To nurture innovation technology startups that create a global impact”
We are on a mission to provide an entrepreneurial platform for innovation that attracts real talent and creates value where we operate.
The software developer will work to support our team in kampala. You will provide product development support, support the user experience development, stability and maintainability of the product developed.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, program, debug and modify software enhancements of the product built.
- Perform testing and debugging of the application developed.
- Oversee the deployment pipeline for the application developed by setting up infrastructure and ensuring it is working.
- Write code and complete programming using a defined programming language.
- Develop and work in an agile/scrum environment to delivery high quality software.
- Establish architectural principles, and select appropriate design patterns.
Required skills and experience:
- At-least an undergraduate degree in a computer science related field or its equivalent.
- Demonstrated capacity to work under pressure and communicate effectively with various stakeholders and teams.
- Demonstrated experience working together as part of a team.
- Ability to leverage productivity tools for collaboration, communication and scheduling.
- General understanding of common software development patterns.
- Competency in at-least two object oriented programming languages such as C#, Java, PHP, Ruby or Python.
- Use of linux operating systems/Unix development environments.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience setting up software environments for application development.
- Experience with SQL Database programming and performance.
How to Apply:
If this role is calling out your name, please share your C.V and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Type of contract: Full-time consultant.
Duration: 3 months [With possibility of renewal based on performance].
Starting date: 17th October, 2016.