About World Vision Uganda:
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
“Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
The Network Administrator will mainly ensure a stable operation of the Enterprise’s network infrastructure. This includes planning, installing, securing, deploying, configuring, maintaining, supporting, troubleshooting, and optimizing the Network Infrastructure in both LAN and WAN contexts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage network access control on network devises, general network security and network device patches in accordance with security policies and procedures.
- The Network Administrator will design, implement and support the network Infrastructure, including, but not limited to: providing high-quality, reliable, flexible, and appropriate networking as well as electric power solutions in server rooms.
- Manage Installation of WAN/LANs and network management utilities.
- Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and enhancing the network system performance as well as availability to ensure all relevant Service Level Agreements are met.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of Network diagrams, Network inventory, and network maintenance schedule.
- Develops and documents procedures for performing configuration changes, updates and upgrades.
- Act as the primary point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users and ICT focal persons.
- Regular travel to the field offices to offer ICT support.
- Capacity building field ICT point persons on first line ICT support.
- Responds to Level 1 and 2 support requests via multiple sources such as phone, e-mail and remote tools.
- Logs call data into the service now system.
- Regularly interacts with clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provides user access service to business applications.
- Collaborates in the development of service-level objectives and takes steps to meet or exceed targets.
- Explains service procedures to clients.
- Follows up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Plays a central role in organizing and executing scheduled ICT clinics and knowledge transfer sessions both at the head office and field offices.
- Ensures that all tickets are resolved with WV ICT SLA.
- Develop and deliver documentation to ensure appropriate end-user support.
- Creates and submits documented resolution to Knowledge Base.
- Adheres to the Security controls, regulations and guidelines.
- Ensures data protection and backup of Network Configurations and user data within WVU.
- Constantly reviews operation processes to ensure consistent application and compliance.
- The incumbent will make recommendations and changes as appropriate.
- Work closely with Internet Access Service Providers to ensure the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are adhered to and outages are reported and escalated in a timely manner with rebate given for downtimes experienced.
- Manages all payments related to ISPs on in a timely manner.
- Tracks performance metrics.
- Review tracking log to identify recurring problems, or problems affecting a large number of clients.
- Actively participate in integration and user acceptance testing.
- Manages the customer satisfaction surveys in conjunction with the Customer Service Lead.
- The Network Administrator will analyze and report the recommended improvements resulting from the customer satisfaction survey.
- Special assignments as appropriate to the role.
- Supports various productivity tools such as Mobile Phones, PDAs, Blackberrys, WeBex, Skype, WebCams, portable computer accessories
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- The prospective World Vision Network Administrator employee should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, electrical engineering, Information Technology and any numerical courses with biased in IT/computer science.
- Professional certification i.e CCNA, CCNP certification is plus.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position.
- Strong Windows 2012 server platform experience, including strong understanding of Active Directory.
- Skilled in the installation and configuration of server hardware and software, specifically HP server product lines is a plus.
- Empirical knowledge of Lotus Notes/Domino environment desired.
- Extensive knowledge of both client/server operating systems, routers, switches, firewalls, Cluster installation and troubleshooting.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive Knowledge of VSAT, ADSL,WIMAX, GPRS, Leased lines, Radio, fiber optic, Ethernet cat5/6.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of networking concepts including TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP, LAN/WAN.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal. Follow this link, Click Here.
Follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline for submission is 31st October, 2016