Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange. As an employer of choice, Umeme remains committed to providing exciting career opportunities that bring the best out of our people in addition to providing safe and reliable electricity, improving customer service, minimizing energy losses and operating in a cost effective manner.
To perform detailed evaluation and internal control audit reviews of computer information systems. Consults with business management and users on computer information systems strategic and operational issues.
Key Result Areas:
- Responsible for information technology audits including annual and engagement planning.
- Conduct continuous risk assessment of the information technology environment (operating systems, network infrastructure, billing systems, information databases, financial reporting systems and all other peripheral/ interfaced applications) including general system controls, infrastructure controls and application controls.
- Prepare working papers In accordance with IPPF and internal documentation requirements to support audit results and conclusions drawn.
- Ensure that a complete and cross referenced audit engagement working paper file is maintained for every audit engagement.
- Conduct operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits as assigned.
- Continuously reviews and monitors the implementation of information systems.
- Champion data mining and analytics use and capability development both within the internal audit department and the wider business.
- Provide risk and control consulting to the business on pre and post implementation system development and enhancements.
- A degree in Computer Science/information Technology. Accounting, Business or equivalent combination of related work experience and education.
- A professional qualification in information systems i.c. CISA. CISSP. CISM. CGEIT. CRISC. CSx and/or CSx -fi.
- Membership with ISACA. IIA and/or ACFE At least S years of continuously progressive working experience with at least I year at a supervisory level.
How to Apply:
Applicants should please go to our website and fill out the application form clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience.
Deadline for submission is Monday I7th October, 2016 at 5:00p.m.