Provide leadership and responsibility in the ICT department, strategy development, overall planning, organizing and execution of ICT functions.
About BRAC Uganda:
BRAC Uganda Microfinance Ltd is the largest Microfinance operation in Uganda covering110 districts through 136 networked branches targeting Micro, Small and Medium Entrepreneurs of Uganda. BRAC boasts of promoting financial inclusion by extending financial services to the un served and underserved, now with over 160,000 borrowing clients, over 100Bn loan book with 99.3% recovery rate, operationally and financially self sustaining.
In order to serve our customers better with wider range of services and products, Board and Management has future plans of becoming a regulated financial Institution in Uganda – Micro-Deposit Taking Institution (MDI) and thus the need to fill the position of Management Account and Manager Administration and Logistics to meet the needs of the transforming entity.
- Provide leadership and responsibility in the ICT department, strategy development, overall planning, organizing and execution of ICT functions and services.
- Takes full ownership and accountability for Hardware and software maintenance, internal ICT training and user capacity building, functionality of the core banking system, networks, systems security, providing proactive ICT initiatives, recommendations and new technical solutions that directly support the ever growing business ambitions of BRAC Microfinance Ltd.
- Oversee relationships with other relevant stakeholders like consultants, system developers, and vendors etc to drive service Excellency and achieve customer centricity from IT point of view.
Core roles and Responsibilities:
- To design, maintain and timely execute Information and communication Technology & Management strategy in line with business needs and keep up with current best practices for the micro-finance sector.
- To ensure information technology and its management are in line with agreed institutional strategy and policies, which must be in compliance with laws and regulation governing operations. Develop and regularly review all ICT policies and procedures manuals, documents including; disaster recovery policy, data protection policy etc.
- To give oversight to further development and implementation of cutting edge IT projects to drive business such as integration with other support services; up keep and improvement of the system, appropriate and cost effective procurement contract arrangements with providers in the field of ICT.
- To develop, review and certify all back-up and disaster preparedness and recovery procedures and plans, ensure data security and availability by use of robust backups, storage and protection. Also ensure all management reports are easily generated, accessed by users and daily close of day procedures are timely done to satisfaction of all users.
- To manage the day to day operation of ICT systems and ensure that planning, end user impact, change management, training and capacity building, quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure minimal service disruptions, meeting of deadlines, thorough budgetary management and service level enforcement amongst service providers in order to attain smooth and excellent service delivery.
- To manage the annual Information Management budget and to be responsible for the review, audit and priority allocation of all tools related to information management, maintenance, repair and replacement of ICT hardware in liaison with finance.
- To manage the relationship with external service providers and suppliers from a technical point of view, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated and adhered to in line with strategy, financial resources and business environment.
- To organize and implement servicing and support of all BRAC Microfinance ICT systems to the agreed service levels including: Training and empowerment of staff on existing and new information management tools; provide remedial support where needed; work in partnership with Business development to ensure tools to support digital channels for customers.
- To develop and maintain the major incident and business continuity plan for ICT and to implement measures to safeguard the information technology and management needs of BRAC in the event of major disasters.
- To manage and develop the ICT team, involve them in planning and prioritizing their work, setting objectives, conduct appraisals and support them to continually improve their performance and overall ICT department efficiency and effectiveness as the main driver of the business operations and strategy.
- Degree in computer science, information and communication technology or Electrical Engineering is a must, Master’s Degree is added advantage.
- At least 10 years in depth experience in an ICT Department in a busy and regulated Financial Institution with over 5 yrs at a senior management level.
- Experience in new core banking system, platforms and related network infrastructure and security implementation and migration at level of project/ program management and working with/supervising consultants.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Micro-finance Institution.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must submit their application letter, Curriculum Vitae (including bio-data such as: Date of birth, Education qualification, language proficiency, work experience and at least 2 referees in Ms. Office Word Document).
All Scanned copies of academic /other supporting documents, MUST BE IN ONE PDF FILE. In total, there must only be 2 attachments and send to email@example.com
Deadline for submission should not be Later than November 6th, 2016.