The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006.
UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
The Administrative Assistant (Stations and Regions) will perform administrative duties at Stations and Regions. Some of the key responsibilities will include receiving and screening calls; managing calendars; meeting and event arrangements; preparing reports, filing of documents, customer relations.
The Administrative Assistant will also be responsible for drafting, typing, routing and following up on correspondences; providing historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems including recording meeting discussions and managing and accounting for imprest at Stations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct administrative functions at regions and stations and serve as the primary point of administrative contact at the station and liaise with other offices, individuals, and institutions on operational and programmatic matters concerning the office.
- Organize and facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops and other special events and participate in the preparation of documents for the same as and when requested.
- Attend relevant meetings, record meeting discussions and submit the minutes within 24hrs or as agreed.
- Answer phone calls by the second ring, re-directing calls to appropriate persons, taking detailed messages for the person who has called including name, time of call and nature of business.
- Compile and keep proper custody of registers for specific documents as deemed necessary.
- Schedule appointments for visitors and staff and maintain an events calendar;
- Prepare and submit reports and file documents.
- Draft, type, route and follow up on correspondences while ensuring quality assurance of all out going correspondences / letters.
- Manage all mails and filling system that enables prompt and easy retrieval of documents.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Station Manager / Regional Manager.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the UNRA Administrative Assistants jobs should hold an Honors degree in Secretarial Studies, Information Technology, Business Administration or any other relevant coursesfrom a recognized University.
- Possession of a qualification in procurement is desirable.
- At least three years’ experience in modern office management in a large organization.
- Working knowledge and experience in records management.
- High level of integrity.
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relation skills.
- Ability to deliver accurate results in a timely manner and in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
Deadline for submission is 14th October, 2016