ASA Limited is an affiliate of ASA international Holding which is registered in Mauritius (”ASA International”). ASA International is a holding company that owns and operates microfinance institutions in different countries in Africa & Asia.
The company currently has 43 (forty three) branches in Kampala, Wakiso, Mukono, Jinja, Iganga, Mityana, Rakai, Bugiri, Masaka ,Pallisa, Tororo, Mbale, Lyantonde, Lukaya, Mbarara , Kumi, Ntungamo, Bushenyi and Luwero districts.
The major objective of ASA Microfinance (Uganda) Limited is to offer affordable, flexible and need-responsive micro-finance products and services to the economically active poor people in Uganda.
The I.T Officer will provide daily IT support to the ASA staff and in the Branch offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving hardware, connection, Printer and software issues.
- Ensure the reliability of the local communications system: e-mail and Internet connections.
- The jobholder will update network applications as required.
- Replace or repair defective parts and equipment.
- Ensure that the virus protection software is installed on all machines and updated regularly.
- Provide timely user support and conduct technology training for new and existing users.
- Perform routine server monitoring and performance benchmarking.
- Establish network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing routeradministration, including interface configuration, establishing connections and firewalls and routing protocols.
- Participate in the network upgrades by liaising with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Upgrade and update systems software as required.
- Ensure the network is secured by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Keep an up to date inventory of all IT hardware and software.
- Ensure that the Local Area Network is up and running.
- Manage contracts with external suppliers and service providers in IT purchasing.
- Complete special projects as and when requested.
- Work in liaison with the other departments in the organization to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you from time to time by the management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The IT Officer should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- At least two years’ experience in the similar field
- Age: Below 32 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a copy of their updated CVs with a cover letter (attached as one document) indicating three referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications is 31st October 2016