Housing Finance Bank was incorporated as a private company under the Companies Act in December 1967, the Bank has become a household name and has grown in leaps and bounds with a good track record among the pioneers of a mortgage lending.
National Housing & Construction Corporation, a parastatal involved in real estate business has 5% shareholding and National Social Security Fund (NSSF) holds 50% and the Government of Uganda holds 45%. Today, the bank looks back with pride on the business accomplished in the mortgage lending business.
Through innovation and placing emphasis on Honesty, Integrity, Efficiency and Customer care, Housing Finance Bank is the leader in the mortgage, holding a 90% market share.
The Technology Service and Infrastructure Manager will plan, coordinate and direct the management of the Bank’s IT service operations, hardware Infrastructure so as to support the Bank’s operational and strategic objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the installation, routine maintenance, upgrade and daily support of the server, network, storage systems and any user computing systems.
- Routinely analyze the needs of departments and establishes, priorities for server, network, storage and software design and implementation to develop new and /or modify the Bank’s infrastructure resources and applications.
- Develop and implement mechanisms for effective management of the non-Banking systems such as Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, CRM Next, Document management systems.
- The incumbent will implement best practice security principles to prevent confidential data from being exposed to unauthorized users / access.
- Follow day-to-day incidence and problem resolution process, through coordinating issue logging, analysis and ensure closure with the users, IT staff and third party service providers.
- Develop, review and manage inter departmental and external service provider service level agreements in line with the customers service charter and the departmental work plan.
- The incumbent will plan and coordinate preventive maintenance of servers, PCs, printers and laptops for all branches and continuously update IT service catalogue.
- Provide monthly and periodic service availability, reliability reports for all IT services.
- Conduct user satisfaction surveys to inform IT of the internal needs.
- Carry out periodic stock taking of and date of the bank’s IT Inventory.
- Regularly review IT solutions from vendors, coordinate installation and testing to effect the required resolution in line with the IT change management policy.
- Manage the performance, and development Staff.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head – Information, Communication and Technology.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Housing Finance Bank Technology Service and Infrastructure Manager job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Bachelor of Science (Mathematics/Physics) or Bachelor of electrical Engineering.
- At least six years’ experience in large Microsoft, Solaris, VMWare and Cisco based. enterprise environments and in design and implementation of large enterprise data centre.
- Expert knowledge of VMware and Windows 2008/2012 server and Exchange 2013.
- Strong knowledge of managing Cisco network, brocade network switches and wireless technologies.
- Strong knowledge of managing UNIX and storage systems.
- Broad knowledge of managing VOIP PBX system.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the OSI networking model and networking topologies, VoIP technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCR SMTR SNMP.
- In-depth understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Excellent customer service and people skills.
- Focuses on results and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Openness to change and ability to manage complexity.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the Banking sector are invited to send their applications including an updated CV, certified copies of all academictranscripts, certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact, and email address of both applicant, and three competent referees addressed to:
Head Human Resources, Housing Finance Bank, Plot 4 Wampewo Avenue, P. O. Box 1539, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline for submission is 21st September, 2016