About Kiboko Enterprise:
Kiboko Enterprises is the fastest-growing distributor of fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) and consumer durables (CD) in Uganda. Trading in consumer goods and services is a key component and industry in Uganda‘s economy.
As distributors of FMCG and CD, we aim to use our expertise and experience developed over the last 20 years in catering for market demand. Our business has grown at a rapid pace and continues to do so, with the growth of the country’s population and export potential to neighboring countries.
With our well-honed logistics capability, hardworking staff and business principles, we are to sustain and accelerate our growth by responding to market and customer demand promptly and efficiently.
The Social Media Executive will be responsible for overseeing all company social media accounts management, develop engaging, creative, innovative content for regularly scheduled posts, which enlighten audiences and promote brand-focused messages.
The incumbent manages all social media channels, campaigns, and team members to sustain an engaging audience experience and to increase audience satisfaction. He / she also researches and analyses social media trends, including social media ad revenue and web visitor data, to improve social media presence and campaign efficacy.
The incumbent works with various company departments to promote overall brand through social media channels
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Social Media Strategy:
- Create the social media strategy for the company.
- Create budgets for social media activities.
- Plan social media campaigns together with the marketing team.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to deliver brand visibility.
- Manage change and adopt social media into the corporate culture of the company.
Social Media Implementation:
- Manage social media campaigns and day to day activities.
- The incumbent will manage company presence in social networking sites.
- Brand advocacy.
- Community outreach.
- Manage a blogger outreach program.
- Build a brand ambassador network.
- Post and comment on relevant blogs.
- Seed content into social networks.
- Write editorial content.
- Create and maintain a social media editorial calendar and posting schedule.
Social Media Monitoring:
- Develop benchmark metrics to measure the results of social media programs.
- Keenly analyze and evaluate social media campaigns and strategies.
- Report on effectiveness of campaigns.
- Keenly monitor trends in social media and suggest improvements to management.
- Monitor the activities of main competitors in social media.
- Monitor social space for brand and related topics and conversations.
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation.
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic.
- Cultivation of leads and sales.
- Produce content for social media channels such as Facebook, Linked in, Twitter, Google + and Pinterest among others.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Social Media, Business Management or a related field.
- At least two years’ experience in Public Relations and Brand Marketing, brand management or communications.
- Extensive Knowledge of Social Media Platforms & Web Proficiency.
- Computer Software Proficiency.
- Prior team management experience.
- Experience in advertising, Copy-writing & Content Creation.
- Computer and IT skills (including use of Microsoft office, the internet and able to maintain websites).
- Demonstrated ability to work with Uganda media, including local, national and regional media acrossprint, radio and online, including relationships with editors and reporters.
- Ability to draft press releases, statements, opinion pieces, newsletter articles and press materials.
- Traditional and social media monitoring and communications skills.
- Proofreading and Editing Skills.
- Excellent interpersonal Skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer Service Skills.
- Good marketing & brand management skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applicationsand updated CVs to:
The Group Human Resource Manager,
Kiboko Enterprises Limited,
Location: Plot Nos. 28B, 32B, 34B, UMA Show Grounds, Lugogo
Postal: PO Box 31376, Kampala, Uganda.
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or hand deliver your updated CV to the above address (Indicate the job title on the envelope of your application)
Note: Please kindly mark your application as “Application _ Social Media Executive” in the subject line of your email.
Application Deadline is 17th September, 2016 by 5:00 PM