Galaxy International School Uganda (GISU) is a co-educational school located in Lubowa, the school provides international education to students between 2 and 19 years of age. From kindergarten to year 13 students are taught using student-centered methods. Emphasis is on the development of the whole person by producing creative, self-reliant, respectful and moral individuals who will build a better world for us all.
- Monitor and ensure adequate performance of all servers and systems.
- Monitoring the servers for security updates and performing system upgrades as requested
- Monitoring system health including memory, disk usage, usage load.
- Minimize system downtime/ interruption and ensure maximum availability of all systems. Maintenance and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN to ensure maximum availability.
- Technical ICT Support
- Install new software and hardware.
- Secure, security code and ensure the safe set up of new equipment.
- Set up equipment such as laptops, data projectors, interactive whiteboards, sound systems and other specialist ICT equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly.
- Deliver hardware and resources to work areas and classrooms as required.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Managing the installation and maintenance of the GISU cameras, intercom, internet
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Draft ICT handbook to guide document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles and following of best ICT practices Maintenance:
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve workstation issues
- Develop a maintenance schedule for all computer hardware, software and networks, and ensure that it is followed.
- Ensure systems routine checks
- Support the implementation of MIS solutions as required.
- Detect, diagnose and resolve most PC, printer and peripheral device faults.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Relevant qualifications such as CCNA (R+S) A+ are desirable and will give the prospective candidate an added advantage
- Proven experience in supporting a Windows Domain Excellent knowledge in supporting hardware will be an added advantage
- Proven working experience in enterprise technical support, supporting an Organization with 40+users at various levels of computer knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Linux systems, utilities and batch scripting
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written a al communication skills
How to Apply:
If you have what it takes to this job, send your most recent/updated CV and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org