Responsible for the computer systems within the FUND, overseeing installation, ensuring personal computers, Laptops and other IT equipment operate.
The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) is positioning itself to be the Social Security Provider of Choice in Uganda. Our belief at the Fund is that each employee contributes directly to the growth and success of the business and each employee is expected to take pride in being a member of the team.
With our shared purpose of being the Social Security Provider of choice, providing exceptional customer service with a workforce that is well motivated and skilled, we are looking to recruit an Information Technology Services Manager with high integrity, dedication and commitment.
Responsible for the computer systems within the FUND, overseeing installation, ensuring personal computers, Laptops and other IT equipment operate efficiently and effectively, purchasing hardware and software, contributing to the organizational policy regarding quality standards and strategic planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling hardware and software maintenance e.g installing hardware, sorting out computer breakdowns, monitoring performance of machines and software, installing virus protection systems on computers.
- Distributing computer resources like PCs, UPS to users.
- Ensuring that the computer resources are insured.
- Preparing specifications tor the procurement of IT resources.
- Maintaining the hardware inventory. Ensuring smooth running of all IT systems.
- Monitoring IT support services and obtaining feedback from users in other departments.
- Receiving and attending to user queries and requests with regards hardware and software.
- Reviewing quality and time of IT support services.
- Analyzing typical user queries and requests and provide training on those issues.
- Conducting research on best practice, changes in technology and the organization’s needs and prepare a report on IT training needs of the Organization.
- Training in-house users on use of computers and software systems used by NSSF.
- Monitoring and managing supplier performance to ensure compliance with Service level agreements.
- Ensuring service levels agreements are valid and up to date.
- Inspecting and reviewing work done by subordinates.
- Coaching, mentoring, and carrying out performance appraisals and reviews of junior staff within the section.
- Preparing reports on the status of software and hardware systems of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer related field.
- Related Job Experience.
- A minimum of 4 years in IT Services in a busy organization.
- At least 2 years of these should be in supervisory capacity.
- Supervisory/managerial skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- People management/Interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic financial skills.
How to Apply:
Job application procedure Interested individuals should send copies of application letters, detailed CVs and academic credentials addressed to the Ag. Head of Human Resources & Administration, and delivered to the Registry on 13th Floor Workers House, for registration and onward transmission.
Please note that canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualiﬁcation of the candidate.
Deadline for submission is Friday 30th September, 2016.