The Inspectorate of Government (IG), was established in 1995 as a constitutional office. The IG’s mandate as per Articles 225,226 and 232 of the Constitution include: The promotion and fostering of strict adherence to the rule of law and principles of natural justice in administration, The elimination of corruption and abuse of authority in public offices and investigation of any act, omission, advice, decision or recommendation by a public officer, among other functions.
The Inspectorate of Government is also charged with enforcing the Leadership Code of conduct.
The Information Technology Officer (Programmer) will carry out analysis, design, development and deployment of software systems in the Inspectorate of Government.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The jobholder will develop software applications well suited / streamlined for the Inspectorate of Government.
- Continually maintain and monitor deployed applications to ensure high uptime and availability.
- The Programmer will upgrade existing software applications as the organization’s needs change.
- Actively participate in the deployment / Roll out of new and existing enterprise systems.
- Prepare user and technical documentation for software systems.
- Maintain and support the Inspectorate’s website.
- Carry out regular backups and storage of information for future reference and system restorations.
- Actively participate in end user training and capacity building in use of software systems.
- Provide high quality ICT support services to Inspectorate of Government Staff
- Maintain the security of the ICT infrastructure of the systems.
- Provide IT technical support to investigators in IT related investigations
- Perform any other – related duties as required by management
Key Result Areas:
- Software application development and maintenance completed as required.
- User and technical documentation for software systems developed.
- Inspectorate of Government ICT security infrastructure maintained.
- Backup and recovery system of the Inspectorate of Government maintained,
- Undertaking web design or system development as required.
- High quality ICT support services to Inspectorate of Government Staff provided.
- Staff in use of ICT software systems supervised and trained.
- Technical support to investigators in IT related investigations provided as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Systems or Information Science from a recognized university/ institution.
- At least three years’ experience developing and maintaining medium to large-scale organization’s web applications using Python/Django framework.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in the following technologies.
- RDBMS (e.g. Postgres, MySql. etc.
- Apache, Nginx, mod_wsgi, etc
- RESTful web services
- Comfortable with Linux and Windows system administration
- Age: Above 24 years
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates who meet the specifications above should pickapplication forms, download here, and apply to:
The Secretary, Appointments Board Inspectorate of Government 5th Floor, Jubilee Insurance Centre Parliament Avenue P. O. Box 1682, Kampala
NB: The applications MUST be hand delivered and registered. Please enclose detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, transcripts and testimonials, daytime telephone numbers, postal and e-mail addresses.
In addition, include telephone numbers of three competent referees, who should not be relatives.
Deadline: 16th September 2016 by 5:00 pm