About Malaria Consortium:Malaria Consortium is the world’s leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the comprehensive control of malaria and other communicable diseases in Africa and Southeast Asia. Malaria Consortium works with communities, government and non-government agencies, academic institutions, and local and international organisations, to ensure good evidence supports delivery of effective services, providing technical support for monitoring and evaluation of programmes and activities for evidence-based decision-making and strategic planning. Malaria Consortium works to improve not only the health of the individual, but also the capacity of national health systems, which helps relieve poverty and support improved economic prosperity.
About USAID MAPD Project:
The Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD) project is a 5-year USAID/PMI funded project. The project aims to prevent and control Malaria illnesses and deaths in order to minimise the social economic effects of the disease among the overall population of Uganda especially in children under 5 years of age. The project will be implemented starting in August 2016, and will cover 43 districts with a total population of more than 13 million. The Malaria Action Program for Districts project offers a partnership uniquely positioned to deliver this implementation rollout. Partners include Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynecology and Obstetrics (JHPIEGO), Banyan Global, Deloitte &Touché Uganda, Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) and Communication for Development Foundation-Uganda (CDFU).
Project Name: USAID/PMI Malaria Action Program for Districts (MAPD) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
Salary: USD 10,080 gross per annum
The ICT Officer will ensure effective functionality of the IT function and assets of the MAPD project. The ICT Officer will work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure staff computers, the intranet and other supportive IT functions of the project are functioning well and efficiently. S/he is also responsible for maintaining the fixed asset register.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
IT Systems Management (70 %)
- In charge of implementing IT system security so as to ensure safety of data and IT systems
- In charge of overseeing the WAN systems
- Overseeing the management and maintenance of computer work stations
- Overseeing the training of staff to ensure they are able to competently use computer software and hardware
- The ICT Officer will be providing support in troubleshooting of computer problems
- Overseeing the proper storage of all company data and archiving of records and back ups
- Provides expert technical support to other computer employees in the organization
- Interacting with clients on a daily basis to be able to see and understand their IT problems and provide competent solutions to these problems
- Ensuring smooth and efficient running of all IT systems in the organization
- Keeping the employees informed on the various technological changes that are taking place in the organization
- Communicating with management in regards to IT related issues
- Identifying new computer systems and trends in the market so that the organization’s IT status is always on the forefront
- Ensuring that the computer software licenses are up to date
- The incumbent will install and configure new computers and other IT equipment
Asset Register Management (30%)
- Ensuring that the fixed asset register is updated regularly
- Ensure that all new equipment are tagged and labeled accordingly
- Report condition of equipment and recommend disposal of obsolete office equipment
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Malaria Consortium USAID MAPD ICT Officer job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Sciences or related discipline.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the field of IT software and hardware management.
- Previous experience in the use of PCs, operating systems,applications, network and communication technologies
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good excel and other software skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and abilities
- Ability to effectively manage time and resolve crises.
- Knowledge of the administration MS SQL Server 2010
- Keen attention to detail
Delivering Results: Focuses on delivering contribution to Malaria Consortium and achieving own objectives
- Puts in effort required to ensure the delivery of own work and objectives to meet (and exceed) expectations
- Strong self-management of time and effort
- Checks own work to ensure quality
Analysis and use of information: Uses evidence to support work
- Identifies and uses various sources of evidence and feedback to support outputs
- Uses evidence to evaluate policies, projects and programmes
- Identifies links between events and information identifying trends, issues and risks
- Ensures systems are in place to address organisation needs Interpersonal and communications
Listens and clearly presents information:
- Actively listens and pays attention
- Presents information and facts in a logical way
- Shares information willingly and on a timely basis
- Communicates honestly, respectfully and sensitively
Collaboration and Partnering: Is a good and effective team player
- Is as a good and effective team player
- Knows who their customers are and their requirements.
- Respects and listens to different views/opinions
- Actively collaborates across teams to achieve objectives and develop own thinking
- Proactive in providing and seeking support from team members
Leading and Motivating People: Open to learning and responds positively to feedback
- Willingness to manage own development and performance
- Builds capacity of colleagues by sharing knowledge (induction) and acting as induction ‘buddy’ when asked
- Open to learning new things
- Responds positively to feedback from others.
- Identifies mistakes and takes positive steps to improve
Flexibility/ adaptability: Remains professional under external pressure
- Able to adapt to changing situations effortlessly
- Remains constructive and positive under stress and able to tolerate difficult situations and environments
- Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well under pressure
- Learns from own successes / mistakes
Living the Values: Demonstrates Malaria Consortium values
- Demonstrates integrity, honesty and fairness in dealing with colleagues and stakeholders
- Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in line with Malaria Consortium’s values
- Treats all people with respect
Strategic planning and thinking and sector awareness: Is aware of others’ activities and vice versa in planning activities
- Takes account of team members and others workload when planning.
- Maintains awareness of impact on other parts of the organisation, keeping abreast of other’s activities, objectives, commitments and needs
- Has a good understanding of the sector in which Malaria Consortium works
How to Apply: All interested candidates are encouraged to Apply via this link.
Application Deadline is 16th September 2016