The National Agricultural Research Organisation is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of the Council as its governing body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI’s) under its policy guidance.
Duty Station: Nabuin ZARDI, Nakapiripirit, Uganda
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining regular backups of all NARO data stored on the LAN and WAN and ensuring that all designated systems are subject to a daily, weekly, monthly and annual electronic and media backup and restore regime.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Ensure all appropriate work is entered into the MS Dynamics SL database including maintaining the information so as to ensure its timeliness, accuracy, relevancy, escalation and status.
- Carry out routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- In charge of the design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Quickly recommend to the Systems Administrator any improvement in the systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or softwarerequirements related to such changes.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Evaluate functional System performance and furnish reports to the System Administrator
- Regularly extend system support to all the PARIs as assigned by the Systems administrators.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Assistant Systems Administrator Jobs should hold Bachelor’s Degrees in Computer Science or Information Technology with certification in CCNA
- At least two years’ experience in a WAN environment.
- Possess the ability to manage demands with frequent changes or delays and able to work in a team environment.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of together with the ability to administer Linux servers.
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals with CCNP certification
- Exhibit complete knowledge in Microsoft Dynamics Solomon, Terminal server services and Citrix Xen App platforms.
- Possess scripting / automation knowledge in tools such as, PERL, AWK, shell scripting etc.
- Possess working knowledge of Web servers (Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic a plus).
- Age:Below 45 years
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join NARO are encouraged to send their applicationsto the Director General, NARO, P.O. Box 295, Entebbe, Uganda.
The complete applications should include three copies of your Curriculum Vitae and one copy of certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents.
Application Deadline is 16th September 2016