Watoto Child Care Ministries is a ministry of Watoto Church that rescues vulnerable children and restores dignity to them by providing holistically for their physical, spiritual and emotional needs. Watoto has operations in Kampala, Wakiso, Mpigi and Gulu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The job holder recommends and implements ICT strategy and policies in line with the ministry strategy, vision and objectives.
- Plans, designs, and oversees the development and deployment of enterprise applicationsfor entities and for the group.
- Manages the administration and maintenance of system andapplication databases, frameworks, data sets, and relevant documentation.
- Continuously evaluates and reports on the effectiveness of the current enterpriseapplications for teams, departments, entities and the group.
- Ensures backup and recovery policies and strategies around all enterprise applicationsare in place and reviewed regularly
- Manages, evaluates and ensures security and access ofapplications and users are addressed, e.g. internal and external penetration testing and user access controls for services.
- Manages, monitors and reviews the relationships with service providers and ensure that high levels of service are received and maintained
- Takes part in contract negotiations and management of various service level agreements within pre-agreed limits
- Actively participates in planning, budgeting and reporting on behalf of the IT department.
- Ensures that line staff and interns are performing according to industry certified best practices, theirjob descriptions, department work plans and are appraised regularly
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Watoto Child Care Ministries Web and ApplicationsAdministrator job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in ICT, Computer Science or Electrical engineering. Possession of a Postgraduate/Master’s degree in relevant subjects would be an added advantage
- Member of the ICT Association of Uganda
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a recognized organisation/company.
- Previous experience in Hybrid Apps Development, Cloud Deployments and Distribute systems.
- One year of IT leadership experience
- Previous experience with Microsoft SL Dynamics, and Office 365,Google Apps for Work will be an added advantage
- Proven experience in project management and Knowledge of budgeting, Financial planning and management reporting
- Well organised, effective time keeper, attention to detail and a high level of commitment to accuracy.
- Skilled in Content Management Systems – Sharepoint, WordPress.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send one merged PDF with a cover letter, academic documents and CV ( not more than 6 pages, less than 20MB) a cell recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Web and Applications Administrator Candidate – First Name, Last Name).
Application Deadline is 2nd September 2016