The Government of Uganda is implementing the Third Financial Management and Accountability Programme (FINMAP III) with the primary purpose to strengthen Public Financial Management (PFM) at all levels of government and ensure efficient, effective and accountable use of public resources as a basis for improved service delivery. The overall objective of FINMAP is derived from the GoU PFM reform strategy for the period from July 2014 to June 2018, launched in August 2014. In line with the strategy, FINMAP aims to encourage effective service delivery through reinforcing mechanisms for budget credibility, compliance and control; and to improve financial management practices through implementation of automated financial management systems. FINMAP interventions are implemented at both central and local government levels through a number of components. The programme also has several stakeholders, including Development Partners. The implementation of FINMAP III entails a significant amount of coordination effort at all levels. This coordination requirement is met through the contracting of Staff to support specific Programme areas.
The programme is funded by the Government of Uganda as well as a number of development partners including the Department for International Development of the United Kingdom, European Union, Norway, Denmark, Germany (KFW), Sweden. There is also cooperation at various levels with the World Bank, International Monetary Fund (IMF) and Irish Aid.
Project Name: The Third Financial Management and AccountabilityProgramme (FINMAP III)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Local Government Public Financial Management (PFM) Systems manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, Support and troubleshoot the IFMS and widearea network (WAN) and the servers to ensure business continuity.
- The incumbent will liaise / interface with WAN service providers in resolving WANrelated issues and resolution/ escalation of exceptions to contract managers .
- Regularly monitor the security of all theinstallation including the network, the servers, and the physical security.
- Actively participate in carrying out updates and upgrades of Operating Systems, databases and theapplication in use by the local governments.
- Support the development and documentation of IFMS security policies and procedures.
- Execute of regular back-ups at the data centre, the disaster recovery centre and at the LG sites.
- Provideapplication support to users at Local Government sites.
- Offer timely support to system set up, testing and monitoring.
- Act as trainee system administrators for the storage,applications and Microsoft, Cisco and other products.
- Act as database administrators in the absence of a substantive database administrators.
- Perform any such other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quarterly performance reports.
- Periodic security reports.
- Annual Performance reports.
- Any other reports requested for from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering,Business Systems Engineering and any other related
- Excellent inter- personal,communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Information Technology (IT) systems.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications, updated CVs and copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted to the address below. Envelopes should have clear reference to the job applied for. Send to:
The Programme Coordinator,
The Third Financial Management and Accountability Programme (FINMAP III),Ministry of Finance, Planning & Economic Development Finance Building; 3rd Floor, Room 3.4 Plot 2/12 Apollo Kaggwa Road P 0 Box 8147, Kampala. Uganda.
Email to: email@example.com
Application Deadline is Friday, 9th September 2016 by 1700hrs