Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange with over 6,483 shareholders, including high value international institutional investors. Umeme operates under a concession with a structural monopoly in the distribution of electricity across Uganda, distributing 99% of electricity in Uganda through a single buyer model.
The Software Engineer will support the Software Service Manager in ensuring the timely and efficient delivery and quality of implemented solutions and changes to the system.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain oversight of projects and incidents that introduce changes to systems.
- Manage the end-to-end Change Management process.
- Liaise all stakeholders to understand change requirements and priorities change requests.
- Act as the focal point for changes that will affect systems.
- Work closely with vendors and in-house technical team to effect changes.
- Mentor and supervise Junior Analyst (s) Testing.
- Develop, implement and manage the processes for testing system changes.
- Develop test strategies across all areas of system, functional, integration and performance testing.
- Plan, coordinate and lead testing activities:
- The incumbent will also develop User Acceptance test plans.
- Develop systems integration test plans
- Steer the development of performance test plans.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders – business users, business analyst, and development team – to understand requirements and ensure tests are aligned.
- Work in liaison with business and technical stakeholders to develop test data.
- Support business users/subject matter experts in the development of relevant test cases according to test plans.
- Introduce best practice test procedures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Umeme Software Engineer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least three years’ experience of working in a software development environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to: email@example.com. Please kindly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the application E-mail.
Application Deadline is 1st September 2016 by 5:00 PM