Numida Technologies is a digital financial services company based in Kampala, Uganda. Our goal is to unlock financing for the 22 million African small businesses who need it. We are building a mobile application, TrackApp, that helps entrepreneurs keep track of their finances for the purpose of making evidence based decisions. In addition, these financial track records are channeled to lending institutions in Uganda who are looking to finance small businesses, and who require real business data about prospective borrowers.
The successful candidate will first be hired under short term contracts for various projects. Fulltime employment is likely to be offered depending on performance and fit with the company. The individuals who will be hired for this role will be among the first recruits of Numida Technologies, and therefore will have a chance to make a significant contribution. The successful candidate will get involved in many of the processes of the Product Development cycle at Numida. He or she will work closely with the User’s Adoption and Engagement team and the Product Manager to understand vision for new capabilities, to understand requirements, and to reflect those in the Wireframes and Comps of the future product. Furthermore, the Designer will be working with the SCRUM team to deliver Comps, Icons, Wireframes, Prototypes while adhering to the design patterns and Android style guideline. Finally, the Designer will work with the SCRUM team to review wireframes and comps to ensure their feasibility.
- Strong understanding of the Android User Interface Guidelines and past experience implementing them effectively.
- Proficient with Adobe XD or similar prototyping software
- Ability to create quickly prototypes to support rapid design iteration and user testing.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique are a plus.
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail.
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps.
- Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and associated design tools.
- Experience with Agile development processes, including the ability to integrate user centered design practices.
- Understanding of common mobile software development practices.
To apply, please submit a CV, a brief motivation letter, and copy of national ID to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “LAST_NAME, First_name – UI Designer” in the email subject line.
All application materials should be in English, and written directly by the candidate. You will only be contacted if you are invited to an interview. Additionally, the recruitment team would like candidates to attach some examples from their personal portfolio to accompany their resume.
Application Deadline is August 20th 2016 @ 11:59 pm Uganda time.