World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
The MHealth Coordinator will provide leadership and support day to day operations of MHealth interventions for AIM Health project, Hoima MNCH project, and to offer technical guidance and support to World Vision Uganda for established and upcoming mHealth Initiatives in various health projects as needed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Support to MoH Health Information Management System strengthening:
- Be part of the technical support National steering team and m/ehealth Technical Working Group representing the interests and input of World Vision Uganda. With specific representation of Hoima, Busia and Kabale Clusters on this committee.
- Support Busia, Hoima and Kabale Clusters to operationalize the DHIS2 platform in all the health centres in the project area,specifically for Hoima to kick start the processes for DHIS 2 in the Health centres
Support to Community Health Information Management System strengthening:
- Be part of the National steering team efforts aimed at developing and operationalizing the CHMIS system putting the World Vision ttC data needs at the fore front.
- Ensure the operationalization of the community health Mobile phone platform for reporting on ttC for AIM health and Hoima MNCH project
- Offer technical leadership in supporting the transmission of mobile phone generated reports, effective management of the platform and the data in line with World Vision Uganda VHT MHealth system.
- Support the ttC-based household counseling and SMS reminder platform mechanism for AIM Health and Hoima MNCH project, to facilitate effective household counseling.
Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation:
- Facilitate the evaluation processes for AIMhealth and Hoima MNCH projects using the MHealth enabled platforms for data collection
- Ensure availability of monthly and quarterly project progress reports where quarterly reports shall be composed of ttC analyzed data as extracted from the MHealth Platform of Choice
- Facilitate the linkages of ttC datarequirements to the Health facility DHIS and the innovations around the CHIS. (AIMHealth and Hoima projects)
Documentation, Research and Learning:
- Prepare relevant reports from MHealth systems and ensure that internal and external stakeholders have access to information in line with WV data security protocols.
- Document best practices and success stories in theapplication of MHealth interventions.
- Identify innovative trends and new technologies that can be applied or used in WV MHealth programming.
- Actively contribute to the testing, appraisal, eventual promotion and adoption of innovative ICT4Dapplications within WVU and among WVU partner organizations in close collaboration with MoH.
- Support development of health concepts and proposals for resource mobilization by providing subject matter expertise and identifying funding gaps
- Provide or create avenues for learning for other WV staff in mHealth in programming by conducting presentations, trainings and exhibitions.
- Coach and mentor specific WV staff on mHealth technologies andapplications
- Support capacity building of district staff, health workers and VHTs in use of mHealth technologies through training and mentoring
- Work closely with development agencies and partners on collaborative work related to mHealth and other initiatives to position World Vision as a strategic partner in the mHealth landscape
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision MHealth Coordinator employee should hold a university degree in IT or related field with further training in computer programming and IT project management approaches.
- A minimum of two to three years of relevant professional experience in the mHealth domain as well as exposure to the full project cycle (i.e., programming, project processing to project administration);
- Previous International NGO experience, understanding of Health programming will be added advantage.
- Broad background in a related mobile phoneapplications will be an added advantage
- Proficient in the use of a range of innovative technologies. These may include but not limited to mobile or PC-based ICTs, phone (SMS) and SMS to web technologies and broadcasting. Eager to discover and explore mHealthapplication appropriate to WVU working contexts including ability to assess and understand technical functionality of computers and phones including their accessories.
- Significant experience in the integration of new technologies indevelopment programs like health, education, water and sanitation with an intention of improving the wellbeing of children.
- Experienced team worker. Encourages cooperation within and between teams and promotes the value of diversity in teams, such as in different views, culture, nationality, and gender.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal and communication skills in a multi-cultural working environment; international experience is an asset;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline is 28th August, 2016