The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonize and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
The Data Processing Officer will be responsible for inputting, organizing, and cataloguing data as well as performing quality control checks, identifying job problems, and ensuring that job orders are completed according to schedule. The incumbent will also be responsible for performing data processing activities that may include but not limited to Image Enhancement, Citizenship Verification, Identification and quality control checks.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Data Processing and Production
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent receives and processes data for all the applicants
- Carries out National IdentificationRegister data correction tasks
- Processes data in citizenship, identification, quality control and warehousing sections.
- Prepares and submits monthly/quarterly/yearly reports and statistics to the Manager Data Processing and Production.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager Data Processing and Production
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Data Processing Officerjob vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in a computer related field or Social Sciences is required.
- A minimum of three years’work experience in a reputable public or private organization
- Broad knowledge and experience in working with biometric data will be an addedadvantage
- Good IT literacy and Computer softwareapplications skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Application Deadline is 24th August, 2016