Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) is the legal entity, established by the Ugandan Parliament, responsible for the operations of the capital city of Kampala in Uganda. Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) secured funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and Department for International Department (DfID), UK, for a three (3) year Faecal Sludge Management (FSM) Project. The Project seeks to improve FSM in the vulnerable urban poor areas of Kampala City through an efficient and affordable private sector led service delivery model.
Project Name: Faecal Sludge Management (FSM) Project
Funding Source: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) and Department for International Department (DfID), UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent willcollect relevant data on sanitation facilities for the development of a city wide GIS.
- Identify sanitation facilities according to Divisions.
- The DataCollector will determine the X and Y co-ordinates of the sanitation facilities by using Global Position System (GPS) equipment and annotated.
- Outline the characteristics of the sanitation facilities in the divisions.
- Capture name (s) of the owner (s) and occupants.
- Capture any other information related to the development of the citywide GIS sanitation database.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The KCCA Data Collectors should be Ugandans who possess an Honor’s Bachelor’s Degree (various disciplines) from recognized Universities/ Institutions with at least a credit in Mathematics (O’ level) and any relevant experience in data collection.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good computer and organizational skills
- High level of integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandans should send their three sets of applications including certified photocopies of their certificates and testimonials, plus three recent certified passport size photographs submitted to the Director, Administration and Human Resource, P. O. Box 7010, Kampala, Uganda
Application Deadline is 24th August 2016