The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonize and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
The Cyber Security Officer will mainly ensure physical and electronic protection of data which will amongst others include access control, intrusion detection, virus protection, certification, audit, incident response, security engineering, and development & implementation of security policies and procedures. The Cyber Security Officer will also provide technical expertise on the development and support of all activities, processes, and tools needed to preserve information security.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent designs, implements, maintains and reports on an appropriate systems security.
- Ensures staff compliance with ICT security policy and standards
- The jobholder also facilitates the periodic revision of ICT security strategy, policies and standards as per the business requirements to ensure an up to-date business plan for continuity.
- Ensures the help-desk functions meet the set call resolution targets.
- Offers support in the development of Software Specifications and participates in Software solutionacceptance
- Supports in conducting tests of the disaster recovery plan and participates in indecent responses, e.g. compliance of networks, servers and security events.
- Runs end-of-day (EOD) and end-of-month (EOM) processes.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager Cyber Security.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Cyber Security OfficerJob opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security, Information Technology, Information Systems or a related field is required.
- Applicant in possession of a recognized professional Information Security certification like GIAC, CEH and GCFE will have an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years of information security experience with particular emphasis on incident response, computer forensics, technical investigations, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing and IT audits in a reputable public or private organization.
- Broad knowledge of information systems security standards and practices (e.g., access control, system hardening, system audit and log file monitoring, security policies, and incident handling).
- Previous experience and knowledge of computer and network forensics,multiple operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Linux and UNIX variants and knowledge of security vendors and toolkits.
- Working knowledge of network and server infrastructure technologies and devices including firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Broad knowledge and experience with SIEM, IPS/IDS, vulnerability scanner, malware analysis, penetration testing, and APT methodologies.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Application Deadline is 24th August, 2016