Impact and Innovations Development Centre (IIDC) is a not-for-profit organization limited by guarantee which was established in 2015. The organization supports the work of development partners and strengthens civilsociety through capacity building support and offering technical advice on selected but diverse development issues.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Web Developer – Intern will work closely with the TA-Documentation and Program staff to develop a variety of online information about the work of IIDC. The intern will conceptualize and manage the organization’s website as well as format and design electronic information for donor grantees and other partners. This position helps to extend the services of IIDC in order to better assist and meet the needs of donor grantees and partners that we serve. The internship placement will give the intern the satisfaction of seeing their work contribute to an increase in organization visibility and have a major impact on a rapidly growing organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist to develop and design the IIDC
- Assists with content development and management of the IIDCwebsite.
- Theapplicant will publish approved content on IIDC
- Limit copywriting and editing ofwebsite
- Support to maintain and update the content on IIDC
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Theapplicant should preferably hold qualifications to perform the aforementioned duties
- Proficiency in technical web development tools.
- Perfect grammatical, spelling, and proofreading abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as well as in partnership with a team.
- Ability to define and work to deadlines.
- Be self-directed and willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of IIDC donors and their grantees.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of IIDC.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The internship placement will be for a period of 3 – 6 months. The assignment will commence as soon as the candidate is selected and ready to start but not later 15th December 2016.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should e-mail a one page application/cover letter and a two page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and type WEB DEVELOPER – INTERN as subject line.
Application Deadline is 31st August 2016