MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services. MTN is an equal opportunity employer and is currently expanding and is seeking to recruit competent individuals to fill the following vacant Position of Senior Manager –Trade and Regional Marketing Events & Sponsorships.
Reports to: the Chief Marketing Officer
Main Purpose of the Job
To develop and implement the comprehensive Trade & Regional Marketing Events and Sponsorships strategy in support of the MTN Uganda Consumer, Enterprise, Mobile Financial Services and Sales strategies aligned to the overall business objectives.
Prime responsibilities of the position:
- Develop and Implement strategies for Trade & Regional Marketing Events and Sponsorships to achieve MTN Uganda’s business objectives for Consumer, enterprise and Mobile Financial Services across all regions
- Ensure maximum leverage of the MTN Uganda Integrated Marketing Communications plans
- Monitor competitive regional marketing activity aimed at the MTN Segments and implement relevant actions to remain competitive.
- Build MTN brand awareness, market presence, affinity, visibility and likeability across segments and across regions by using traditional and non-traditional media
- Ensure alignment of Trade & Regional Marketing activities with the overall integrated Marketing Communications and Go to market plan and activities
- Liaise with Segments and Customer experience to continuously deepen customer segment understanding through research and market insights to ensure an insight driven approach to communicating and interacting with MTN Customers.
- Implement the Trade & Regional Marketing Events and Sponsorships programs to improve customer satisfaction in the regions
- To develop an end to end Trade & Regional Marketing Events and Sponsorships strategy that is linked to the MTN Uganda Business strategy
Regional Marketing Strategy
- Translate and execute the MTN Uganda’s Integrated Marketing Communication strategy and Go to Market plans into a regional framework supported by detailed action plans.
- Manage and implement appropriate regional strategies to address the relevant Go to market plans across all regions.
- Design and Implement Trade & Regional Marketing Events and Sponsorships activities and roadmaps.
- Analyze Regional market share trends and highlight areas that may be developed further
- Analyze and report on competitors actions and market insights in the regions
- Coordinate and implement the Regional Go to market programs that increase MTN’s regional brand presence, market share and affinity
- Act as the conduit between Sales and Marketing in the regions, focusing on influencing and supporting key stakeholders to deliver activities that deliver increased market share for MTN
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure that Trade & Regional Marketing Events and Sponsorships strategies are aligned with sales objectives and revenue targets
- Identify regional areas where value can be added / exploited further, areas where value is being destroyed and areas where value is latent
- Manage MTN Uganda’s Trade & Regional Marketing Events and Sponsorships, brand awareness, market presence, affinity, visibility and affinity across target market sectors and across regions by using traditional and non-traditional media
- Development and implementation of all Trade & Regional Marketing Events and Sponsorships promotional activities.
- Management and monitoring on the execution of Trade & Regional Marketing Events and Sponsorships initiatives
- Develop, execute, and performance manage all programs designed to increase MTN’s market presence, market share and customer satisfaction in the regions
- Develop a Trade & Regional Marketing Events and Sponsorships promotional plan with key customers and sales channels across the regions
- Drive strategic and operational direction for the Trade & Regional Marketing Events and Sponsorships strategy
- Ensure alignment across the Sales and Marketing organizations regional Trade & Marketing Events and Sponsorship needs
- Monitor and improve the implementation processes linked to all Marketing and Sales activities in the regions
- Providing leadership in the translation and execution of the Trade & Regional Marketing Events and Sponsorships strategy
- Translate the Integrated Marketing Communications and Go to Market strategy into regional implementation plans, and drive execution
- Manage the Regional marketing calendar and work with the Integrated Marketing Communications and Segment teams to integrate and align with the overall MTN Uganda campaign roadmap
- Implement regional communications and retail plans across all MTN Sales and Services touch points
- Oversee the execution of POS/BTL campaigns through regional Marketing teams and structures
- Trade and category Management and coordination of MTN products and services in the regions
- Management of the Trade Marketing agencies across all regions
- Drive best practice, continuous improvement and innovation at process and procedure level within Regional Marketing
- Engage with multiple stakeholders to maintain operational standards and to ensure relevance of regional activities.
Customer Experience & Customer Satisfaction
- Work with Sales and Service teams to support customer experience requirements MTN Customers in the regions
- Ensure customer needs and requirements are satisfied through appropriate service support processes.
- Align service delivery across regions to changing market segment requirements and enhance customer experience.
- Understand regional customer needs; develop and fine-tune systems in conjunction with the customer experience and sales teams to meet those needs accordingly within the scope of the defined end-to-end customer experience
- Support the end-to-end customer experience for the regions in coordination with the Sales & Distribution business area.
- Develop specific communication and promotion campaigns with the Integrated Marketing Communications team and work with Customer Development and Retention teams to develop usage stimulation and retention campaigns
- Ensure regional customer needs and requirements are satisfied through appropriate systems / processes / procedures
- Put contingency plans in place to prevent delays and enhance the customer experience
- Adopt a proactive approach to prevent customer experience problems from arising in the future
- Identify regional trends / patterns pertaining to customer requests and needs and filter this information through to continually improve all aspects of service delivery
- Regional Planning and Implementation Management
- Forecast, plan, develop a regional budget to provide MTN with return on investment
- Manage and optimise the budget at Regional level ensuring all expenditure is in line with the agreed budgets
- Monitor costs and determine initiatives to optimize resources.
- Identify opportunities to generate additional revenue in the regions
The applicant must possess the following;
- A degree in Marketing
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Marketing e.g. IMM is added advantage
- At least 8 years of experience in leading FMCG or retail and service operations in the mobile technology and/or in retail-intensive B2C industries, preferably with a significant service and technology dimension (e.g., financial services, consumer electronics)
- At least 5 years of leadership experience in similar positions, in fast-moving technology intensive industries
- A strong background in marketing and/or advertising
- In depth understanding of the telecommunications industry, FMCG and brown goods marketing principles
- Knowledge of cellular best practices
- Knowledge of local markets, including market trends
- Sales and service environment
- MTN products and services
- Market research
- Business acumen
- Broad knowledge of the industry
- Understanding the regulated environment
- An understanding of the MTN business
- People management and leadership skills – the ability to hire the right people, get the best out of people, and make sound people management decisions
- Feedback skills
- Relationship skills – to build relationships to facilitate efficient workflow
Interested candidates should send/deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers) not later than Monday, 20th June 2016.
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
MTN Uganda is an equal opportunity Employer.
Only successful candidates will be contacted