MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services. MTN is an equal opportunity employer and is currently expanding and is seeking to recruit competent individuals to fill the following vacant Position of Senior Manager –Customer Value Management & Loyalty.
Reports to: The Chief Marketing Officer
Main Purpose of the Job
To develop and manage customer retentions and development strategies, policies and processes across all customer segments with the overall aim of reducing churn, increasing loyalty and tenure and maximizing customer lifetime value. This through the development and implementation of effective Customer Lifecycle Management offerings and ongoing and targeted customer communications throughout their lifecycle.
Prime responsibilities of the positions:
- Design, develop and implement the long-term strategy for Customer Management and ensure alignment of all customer retention and development activities undertaken in the organization
- Design, implement and manage the MTN Customer Development & Retention strategy, policies and objectives including driving proactive marketing initiatives aimed at saving at risk customers and bringing back churned customers.
- Analyze trends and highlight risk areas that may be developed further to increase customer retention and loyalty
- Input into reviewing organizational activities and assist in recommending corrective actions if necessary
Customer Retention and Development
- Design and implement the MTN Uganda Customer Lifecycle Management framework and Campaign management strategy
- Design MTN Uganda’s proactive and reactive retention plans and coordinate churn management activities and the design of relevant campaigns, collating inputs and requirements from segment managers
- Develop retention objectives and strategies across segments, in line with the customer management guidelines for the organization
- Lead the planning of proactive and reactive customer lifecycle management and active base management actions and offers
- Monitor campaign results, including compilation of periodical activity, budget compliance and feedback reports to design new value prop’s
- Review organizational Active base management and Customer lifecycle management activities and assist in recommending corrective actions as required
- Evaluate customer propensities to respond to campaigns and forecast the impact of campaigns ‘on customer usage and behavior
- Lead the implementation of proactive and reactive retention campaigns and offers
- Report on results, including compilation of periodical retentions and lifecycle management activities, impact assessment and feedback reports
- Manage the development of campaign management tools and models to predict customer behavior, e.g. evaluate customer propensities to churn and to adhere to retention campaigns
- Lead the implementation of proactive and reactive customer lifecycle management and active base management actions and offers
Customer Experience and Loyalty Management
- Design MTN Uganda’s loyalty programme strategy and loyalty offers, including managing relationships with 3rd parties where applicable
- Define the loyalty programme design and framework to increase customer value and meet segment characteristics
- Define the requirements and guidelines for managing the loyalty program aligned with MTN Uganda’s overall retentions policies
- Ensure communication and awareness of loyalty programs internally and externally
- Deliver material reductions in churn and increased loyalty
- Drive a differentiated customer experience for the MTN Uganda customer segments based on the appropriate customer journeys
- Define the overall specifications of the end-to-end customer experience by segment, by the relevant customer touch points
- Ensure customer needs and requirements are satisfied through appropriate value propositions and systems / processes / procedures
- Identify trends pertaining to customer queries and needs and use this information to continually improve all aspects of service delivery
- To develop and manage the Consumer Segment loyalty strategy across all MTN Uganda customer segments.
- Maximize customer lifetime value for MTN customers by driving usage and loyalty in line with MTN Uganda’s business objectives with the overall aim of reducing churn, increasing loyalty and tenure.
- Predictive churn modelling and proactive management of churn
- Application of Advanced Analytics models and tools to ensure targeted campaign implementation
- To define and drive implementation of the segment driven Loyalty strategy in line with MTN Uganda’s overall Customer lifecycle management framework.
- To manage the MTN Loyalty programme to create sustainable, profitable market value and volume growth across all MTN customer segments and achieve competitive differentiation thereby driving Loyalty and affinity.
- Developing relevant segment based campaigns on the loyalty programme and managing targeted customer communications throughout the Segment Customer lifecycle.
- Define the overall specifications of the end-to-end customer lifecycle management plan by segment, in coordination with key stakeholders
- Implementation of multiple campaigns in a structured manner into the base as defined by the campaign design framework
- Optimization of the implementation process together with IT and BI as it relates to the timeous availability of data and offers
- Development of the business requirements to enable an operational process for the effective execution of multiple campaigns across multiple dimensions. This will include the effective implementation of the required processes across different business areas that will deliver on these business requirements.
- Develop a campaign library with records on all implemented campaigns and their performance to increase efficiency and reduce the speed to market
- Develop tools and models to manage and monitor customer propensity to churn
- Operational Planning and Implementation of Retention & Development Portfolio
- Prepare and present Customer Retention& Development plans across segments
- Translate the Customer development and retention strategy into operational implementation plans, and drive proactive execution of relevant campaigns
- Align operational customer development and retentions targets to business strategy
- Consider the medium term implications of actions on the viability of the business from a more broad perspective
- Consider the impact of solutions on other areas of the business, as well as the interdependency of units
- Drive best practice, continuous improvement and innovation at process and procedure level within the Retention & Development portfolio
- Construct, implement / fine-tune methods, processes / systems to enhance effectiveness / meet organizational goals
- Consider local conditions, as well as competitor activities to create competitive advantage targeted at key customer segments
- Identify and exploit new opportunities to grow the business further
- Ensure communication and awareness of Customer development and retention strategies and objectives both internally and externally through a comprehensive, segmented, communication and contact strategy aligned to customer lifecycle management
- Work closely with the analytics team to develop effective reporting capabilities and processes
- Report regularly on the results and impact of retention campaigns and initiatives
- Consider market conditions, as well as competitor activity to create competitive advantage
- Manage the campaign execution process for Customer development and management campaigns
- Forecast, plan, develop and review budget for the unit that provides MTN with return on investment
- Manage and optimize the budget, ensuring all expenditure is in line with the agreed budgets
- Monitor costs and determine initiatives to optimize resources. Ensure cost effectiveness by maximizing cost/benefit ratios
- Identify ways to reduce expenditure and opportunities to generate additional revenue
- Management of interventions related to achieving budgeted customer numbers
- The applicant must possess the following;
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Marketing or Business Administration
- Customer Management qualification
- At least 5 years of experience in the retail and service operations in the mobile and/or in retail-intensive B2C industries, preferably with a significant service and technology dimension (e.g., financial services, consumer electronics)
- At least 2-3 years of leadership experience in similar positions, in fast-moving technology intensive industries
- Background in the marketing and or customer service environment.
- Strong financial management experience
- Marketing analysis related experience
- Telco industry exposure
- Knowledge of cellular telecommunications best practices
- Knowledge of local markets, including market trends
- Knowledge of customer trends
- Sales and service environment
- MTN products and services
- Market research
- Business acumen
- Broad knowledge of the industry
- Understanding the regulated environment
- An understanding of the MTN business
- People management and leadership skills – the ability to hire the right people, get the best out of people, and make sound people management decisions
- Relationship skills – to build relationships to facilitate efficient workflow
- Coaching skills – to develop the team and staff
- Scanning skills – to search for new ideas, trends and principles
- Strong “can-do“ attitude combined with an ability to use minimum resources to get maximum outputs
- Systems thinking – understanding the “big picture”
Interested candidates should send/deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers) not later than Monday, 20th June 2016.
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
MTN Uganda is an equal opportunity Employer.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.