Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade Industry and Cooperatives mandated to coordinate the elaboration of standards and quality of products and services so as to facilitate fair trade, promote local industries and protect consumers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Systems Administrator will design, develop and maintain computerized information systems and diagnose server management issues
- Provide recommendations and making justifications for technical specifications for hardware/ Soft ware
- Keenly review systems, application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs such as backups of database and critical files
- Troubleshooting faults in the data centre systems and sub systems
- Provide/ installation configuration, operation and maintenance of data centre systems hardware, software and related infrastructure
- Oversee management of IT inventories of equipment, hardware and software and ensure that all IT assets are recorded and inventory is periodically updated
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or management.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the UNBS Systems Administrator job opportunity should hold a Honours degree in either Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer or Software Engineering from a recognized University/Institution
- The applicant must be certified in any of these LINUX, MCITP, ITIL, MCSA, CCNP, etc.
- Possession of a post graduate Diploma in the above related fields from a recognized University/Institution will be an added advantage but not a must.
- A minimum of five years of relevant working experience in a recognized organsation
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to work own initiative as well as in a team
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, negotiating, presentation and interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with different stakeholders
How to apply:
All qualified applicants should send their applications together with attached copies of all academic qualifications, copies of valid identity cards and detailed CVs with mobile telephone numbers indicated, names and contact details of three referees, to the address below;
The Executive Director, Uganda National Bureau of Standards, Bweyogerere Industrial Park, Plot 2-12 Kyaliwajala Road, P.O. Box 6329, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline of Submission is 17th June 2016 by 5:00pm