MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
The Engineer III- IN Planning will support MTN Uganda in the monitoring and capacity planning of the IN systems to ensure optimal performance of the charging system
Details Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda Reports to: Senior IN Specialist II.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performance monitoring, reporting and dimensioning of IN platforms.
- Capacity forecasting and Planning, ensuring that IN platforms are able to carry all forecasted traffic at optimum levels.
- Conduct and/or supervise specified changes on IN platform.
- Actively participate in setting up and running marketing promotions
- Ensure that IN performance statistics are accurate and appropriate forecasts derived
- Ensure IN systems performance meets customers expectation and maintains company KPIs
- Responsible for the optimization of existing IN platforms
- Participate ably in related cross-functional projects when required as a resource
- Ensure that changes on IN platforms are carried out as specified and within specified time frames to ensure Company KPIs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the MTN Engineer III- IN Planning job opportunity should hold a Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Telecommunications engineering.
- A minimum of two years experience in area of specialization.
- GSM knowledge and Ericsson charging systems experience a distinct advantage
- Exposure to GSM/VAS/IN related network
- Excellent computing, programming & scripting, and database management skills.
- Basic IP and networking, good presentation and report writing skills
- Quick to learn
- Highly organized
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be self-driven, resilient,
- Good team player and must possess the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Willingness to work long hours and participate in emergency works as well.
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send/deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda,
P.O Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers), Uganda.
Deadline of Submission is 24th June 2016