The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory Instrument 2001 No. 75. The REB’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of the Government’s Rural Electrification Programme.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Information Technology Officer
The Assistant Information Technology Officer will be responsible for the day to day handling of IT related issues at REA. The positionentails ensuring that IT services are available to REA staff at all times with minimal downtime.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Offer first point of IT Support contact for all REA staff.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to resolution and/or escalate to service providers as required.
- Log all incidents and service requests in REA’s designated service system. Where necessary logging on behalf of REA staff.
- Demonstrate commitment to and promotion of a culture of service excellence and continual improvement within the ICT section.
- The incumbent will manage service desk tickets, planning and prioritizing systematical to minimize backlog and ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the integrity of the REA network is not compromised.
- Expedite the repair of hardware faults and software configuration probiers notifying or forwarding to relevant service providers in a timely manner.
- Regularly monitor performance of REA systems, ensuring issues are appropriate escalated and resolved.
- Offer support with ongoing development of related departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate controls around the agency’s change management
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Information Technology Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Assistant Information Technology Officer job placement should a Bachelor’s (Hon) degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or its Equivalent
- A minimum of three years relevant IT/industry experience and/or qualifications, experience in the following areas: WAN, LAN, Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Microsoft Office, Email management, database management and : web content management
- Microsoft, Cisco, Security, UNIX/Linux, ITIL, Cobit 5, Network and IT Service management Certifications is an added advantage
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandans should send their applications including; a cover letter, detailed CV, names and addresses of three referees and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials addressed and delivered to: The Executive Director, Rural Electrification Agency, Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo 2nd Floor, House of Hope, P.O. Box 7317, Kampala – Uganda.
NB: Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th July 2016 by 1.00PM