Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board (UBTEB) is one of the national Examinations Boards in Uganda whose mandate is to streamline, regulate, coordinate and conduct credible examinations and award Certificates and Diplomas in the Business, Technical and Vocational professions.
The Board therefore conducts Business, Technical and Vocational examinations, including Applied Science specialties such as Biological Sciences (Agricultural, Fisheries, Wildlife, Forestry, Bee keeping and other related fields), Physical Sciences (Meteorology, Surveys and Land Management, and other related fields), Cooperative, Social Development, Hotel, Catering and Tourism.
The Assistant Examinations Officer – ICT will offer support in the production and processing of examination materials in the Department of Manuscript, Delivery and Awards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and verify candidates’ entry forms and bio-data;
- In charge of the preparation of photo albums for Candidates;
- Uploading of Photographs and editing of bio-data;
- Receive and input candidates continuous assessment marks(coursework &project marks);
- Entering examination results marks;
- Adjudication of photos and bio-data for Certificates;
- Extracting and renaming of photographs for Certificate production;
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should at least hold a Diploma in the following areas;Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Management and related area examinable by the Board from a recognized institution;
- Practical experience in data processing, MS Excel spreadsheets, Access and examination results processing skills is MUST.
- A teaching qualification is an added advantage.
Age: Between 25-40 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates hand deliver three sets of handwritten applications with detailed CVs and photocopies of academic certificates, testimonials, transcripts and/or result slips; three most recent and clear passport size photographs, names and addresses of two referees, a letter of recommendation from the current or most recent employer, telephone contacts and emails of both the applicant and the referees.
The Job title and Ref. No. (the reference number is: UBTEB/HRM/011/06/2016) should be clearly written on the top left corner of the envelope. The documents should be submitted in sealed envelopes to the address indicated below;
The Executive Secretary, Uganda Business and Technical Examinations Board, Plot 7 Valley Drive, Ntinda, P.O. Box 1499, Kampala – Uganda.
Deadline: 1st July, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.