Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organization providing personalized contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
About USAID LTFP Programme:
Marie Stopes International Uganda (MSI Uganda) is currently the lead partner in implementing the USAID Long Term Family Planning Methods (LTFP) Programme. The LTFP Programme expands affordable services and choice of the full range of contraceptive choice to rural and underserved communities through a dynamic mix of mobile clinical outreach, social franchising and community based distribution. In partnership with the Ministry of Health, this programme supports the long term capacity of public and private sector providers to deliver high quality FP counselling and services.
- The Information Communication Technology Officer will be tasked with using data to analyse performance, raise key issues, and monitor performance to ensure delivery of measurable results and demonstrate strong fiscal management of donor resources.
- The incumbent will resolve challenges as they arise and take proactive steps to improve systems.
- The jobholder will also support users and managers to fully comply with MSI Uganda ICT policies.
The key deliverables will be to ensure that:
- All MSI Uganda ICT systems are well maintained.
- System usage and performance is adequately monitored (and actions to improve performance are suggested and actioned).
- High quality customer service at all times.
- Efficient and effective user management to maximize uptime of all.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Information Communication Technology Officer vacancy should hold professional qualification in computer technology required (Degree).
- Professional qualifications in either Networking (CCNA) or Systems Administration (MCSE or MCITP) is an added advantage.
- A minimum of two years working experience working with a busy organization.
- Previous exposure and experience in managing ICT for a busy non-profit of private sector company of similar scale.
- Demonstrated experience working in heterogeneous ICT environments.
- Strong knowledge of ICT security systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various operating systems such as Window, UNIX/Linux.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Active Directory/LDAP Management and MS Exchange mail system administration.
- Experience in system maintenance.
- Strong knowledge of Ugandan telecommunications environment and capacity and market.
How to apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their electronic applications including a cover letter, updated CV and academic documents via E-mail to: Vacancies@msiu.or.ug.
Deadline for submission is 13th May 2016 by 11:59 pm