About MTN Uganda:
MTN Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
MTN is an equal opportunity employer and is currently expanding and is seeking to recruit competent individuals to fill the following vacant Position of Training Officer.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Provide services ranging from conducting needs analyses to the development, delivery and evaluation of training programs that will change people’s behavior to produce desired outcomes for MTN, such as an exceptional customer experience.
Prime responsibilities of the positions:
- Identify individual and organizational training needs through job analysis, staff appraisals and regular consultation with supervisors and managers and the human resources department.
- Design training courses and programs necessary to meet training needs, or manage this activity via external provider(s).
- Amend and revise programs as necessary, in order to adapt to the changes that occur in the work environment.
- Develop effective induction programs and regularly conduct refresher training.
- Manage the delivery of training and development programs.
- Evaluate training and development programs; monitor and review the progress of trainees through questionnaires and discussions with managers.
- Participate actively in product development projects and facilitate product education for all staff and partners, e.g., MTN dealers.
- Organize training venues, logistics, transport, accommodation as required to achieve efficient training attendance and delivery, plus provide training support to other departments as often as is required.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all equipment and materials relating to the effective delivery and measurement of training.
- Actively participate in the annual budget planning process, consider the costs of planned programs and ensure that these are kept within approved estimate.
- Monitor and report on activities, costs, performance, etc, as required.
- Ensure all training activities and materials meet with relevant organizational and statutory policies, including health and safety, employment and equality laws.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Degree in education, social sciences, psychology, management science, HR, social sciences or related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in area of specialization.
- Must have completed the Train-the-trainer course.
- Good understanding of training provision and best practices in the industry.
- Proficiency in the use of the internet and varied computer applications and systems, and an awareness of IT accessibility and usability issues.
- Good understanding of E-learning techniques.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Good leadership and negotiating skills; able to inspire and motivate other people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A Keen observer, good listening skills, and a high level of concentration.
- Good presentation skills, and confidence in facilitating training for individuals or groups.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational capability, planning and time management skills.
- A good team player with a can-do attitude.
- Possess a good sense of humor; sociable.
- Patient, flexible and understanding approach.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, quick learner with a wide range of interests.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and personal development.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- High levels of integrity.
- Highly organized and disciplined personality.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should send/deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers)
Presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
Deadline of Submission is 20th May 2016.