About People in Need:
People in Need (PIN) has been active in Angola since 2006. With a team of 10 expatriates and approx. 70 local staff, it manages programs focusing on improving education, livelihoods and food security, water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) conditions and gender-based violence. PIN programs are managed from its head office in Kuito, Bié province and field office in Huambo province.
A PIN Volunteer is a professional in the areas of Information Technology who, on the one hand is looking to further enrich his/her career path in the field of systems analysis, while on the other hand is capable of transmitting her/his skills to local, national staff in a period of 3-months.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Diagnose and fix network, internet and equipment problems.
- Evaluate and assess the capacity and operation of communication systems.
- Provide solutions that help optimize network and internet performance through formal analysis.
- Monitor computer processing systems.
- Address incidents and service requests to improve the efficiency of PIN-AGO operations.
- Install software and perform tests on computer equipment and programs.
- Set up computer equipment, schedule maintenance.
- Perform minor equipment repairs.
- Procure IT hardware.
- Oversee the process of installation, operation and maintenance of IT infrastructure.
- Configuration and administration of servers.
- Monitor and handle cyber security issues.
- Monitor Data Migration across servers and ensure data consistency and integrity.
- Evaluation of IT proposals and requests received from PIN Prague HQ.
- Continuous communication with the Prague HQ IT department.
- Train local IT assistant so s/he will later on be able to take on the duties as IT Officer upon the PIN-Vs departure from the mission.
The above list is only indicative.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in Information Technology, Computer Science and or Certified IT Specialist.
- At least 3 years of experience in information systems, internet management and network assessment.
- Demonstrates excellent ability to write and communicate orally with accuracy and professionalism.
- Experience working in non-governmental organizations is highly desirable.
- Ability to effectively transfer knowledge and train others.
- Easily communicates complex IT language to different constituencies with varying degrees of tech know-how.
Critical Success Factors:
- Trustworthy, honest, responsible and meticulous (focus on details).
- Structured, and well-organized.
- Strategic thinker.
- Respect for local, common practices and idiosyncrasies.
- Intercultural sensitivity.
- Easy-going with a good sense of humor.
- Experience within the region with an understanding of local dynamics is a plus.
- Background of a well-established organization.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations.
- Medical helpdesk available.
- online Travel insurance.
- Accommodation is in PIN guesthouse on PIN expenses.
How to apply:
Send your applications (CV, cover letter) to hr@peopleinneed. Kindly use “Angola IT PIN V” as subject of your email. Kindly note only pre-selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you.
Deadline: 30th April 2016.