The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities.
The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug and Galgaduud regions), Putland and Mogadishu implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected population in these regions.
This position will be primarily responsible with assisting and facilitating the installation and configuration of IT infrastructure and operations of IT activities in IRC Somalia Galkacyo, Dhusamareeb and Garowe offices.
Qualifications, Work Experience and Skills:
- Work Experience: 2-3 years.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies.
- College Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical work experience.
- CNA course desired, MCSE or equivalent experience is desired.
- At least three years of experience in IT profession.
- Experience installing, configuring and managing both wired and wireless LAN, and firewalls.
Demonstrated skills and competencies:
- Computer imaging skills required.
- Outlook experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Customer/Client service experience.
- Able to work independently within a team environment.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds from floor to a standard desktop.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Commitment to succeed.
- High sense of urgency.
- Strong follow-up skills.
How to apply:
Follow the link to apply for this position.
Deadline for Applications is 6th May 2016.