About solar now:
Solar now is a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar product and appliance to households and businesses. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 36 branches throughout Uganda and employs around 250 people. Expansion into other countries is planned for 2016.
The ICT manager is responsible for translating client and business needs into ICT tools and solutions that improve the client journey and take away barriers to manage and control the business. The manager ensures innovative ICT solutions are developed and implemented through an in-house ICT team or external providers.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Analyses business needs and defines requirements for improved functionality of the ERP system
- Supervise the (outsourced) development and deployment of new features.
- Develop routine or incidental reports and reporting tools that assist with the management of the operations and strategic decision making
- Responsible for general system administration of the back-office team.
- Ensure the physical and the software infrastructure keeps up with the needs of the business
- Come up with new solutions and outsource where possible.
- Research and develop innovative ICT technology that improve control, efficiency and client satisfaction e.g. development and deployment of mobile interfaces or support ICT product development.
- Day to day team management and weekly, monthly and quarterly planning reporting
- Sourcing and vetting of suppliers and temporary resources
- Train and coach junior ICT professionals in the team and develop relevant ICT trainings for the rest of the organization.
Qualifications and skills
- The applicants should have a Bachelors (or equivalent) in Business IT or other relevant field.
- Knowledge in EPR systems in particular Odoo
- Knowledge in deploying and managing networks of 50+computers
- Experience with open source software in professional environments
- The applicant should have atleast 5 years of work experience in managing innovative ICT environments and teams
- Proven track record in managing the implementation of business software
SolarNow offers industry standard remuneration and other benefits (health insurance, lunch, etc.).The place of work is at SolarNow’s headquarters in Kampala Uganda but will require regular travel within and outside of Uganda.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can send their motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org including motivation and CV using “Application ICT Manager” in the subject.