The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Somalia delegation in Nairobi is seeking for an experienced and motivated person to fill the position of:ECONOMIC SECURITY INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT – NAIROBI.
EcoSec Information Management Assistant (IM Assistant) works under the direct supervision of the EcoSec Program Manager and is responsible primarily for the management of the program statistical data based on the internal tools and procedures, formulation of the monthly statistical reports, including other statistical reports when required In general, his/her duties require 70% of time on the statistical data entries/processing and 30% on secretarial duties respectively.
- Compiles/centralizes and updates the statistical data from the field concerning all EcoSec interventions on a monthly basis,
- Maintains regular exchange with EcoSec Project Managers and Field Officers’s on the monthly statistical reporting and provides support in this regard as required,
- Acts as a focal person for and manages independently the EcoSec Programme Management Tool database for Somalia,
- Maintains regular exchange with other team members concerning day-to-day use of EcoSec Programme Management Tool (creates new records: beneficiaries, distribution plans, orders),
- Creates ROs as required and liaises with the respective EcoSec and Logistics staff to ensure proper and timely formulation and follow up of the RO’s,
- Maintains regular exchange with the reporting officers from the UN food security and shelter clusters concerning the monthly statistical updates by using the mutually agreed formats,
- Under the supervision of EcoSec Program Manager, formulates EcoSec monthly statistical reports and shares them internally and with the Water and Habitat GIS Officer to ensure timely production of the projects/program maps,
- Keeps files up-to-date at all times such as contracts with local partner NGO’s, field consultants, including the electronic file of EcoSec statistical,
- When required, trains and coaches the EcoSec team in Somalia, including delegates, on the use of the EPMT software and travels to the field offices to deploy the tool.
- Possess a Diploma/Degree in Information Technology,Economics, Social Sciences, Business Administration or similar fields,
- 4 years work experience in a similar field.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent skills in information and database management.
- Excellent skills in data entry and processing with Microsoft Excel and other office applications.
- Very good computer skills in general
- Very good communication skills.
- Knowledge of Somali language is an asset.
- Knowledge of basic GIS functions is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application to;
Head of Human Resource
International Committtee of the Red Cross
Denis Pritt Road,
P.O.Box 73226 Nairobi 00200 Kenya.
E-mail address; firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate the position title on the subject line. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline 29th April 2016