Responsible for the equipment used in carrying out spectrum monitoring for occupancy and utilization.
The Technician – Spectrum Utilization and Occupancy Monitoring will support UCC in spectrum monitoring for spectrum occupancy and utilization.
- The job holder will be responsible for the equipment used in carrying out spectrum monitoring for occupancy and utilization.
- Conduct timely measurements and submission of results on spectrum occupancy and utilization in accordance with the schedules.
- Keenly review and update the spectrum monitoring systems and equipment inventory with the functional status of all equipment.
- Carry out maintenance and calibration of spectrum monitoring systems and equipment and reporting regularly on adequacy, functionality and quality of equipment, tools and systems used.
- Offer timely technical support to the regional offices specific to occupancy and utilization measurements.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Officer Utilization and Interference Monitoring.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications, Electronic, Electrical, or Radio Communications Engineering or a related field Membership in a professional body is an added advantage.
- At least two years of experience in frequency spectrum management or radio-frequency communications in the Telecommunications and/or ICT sector Information Management skills and working knowledge Working knowledge of monitoring and compliance Research and development skills.
- Good communication skills excellent interpersonal skills High degree of integrity Initiative and innovation.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, updated CVs including all scanned copies of academic and professional credentials and testimonials via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Uganda Communication Commission:
The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) was established to implement the provisions of The UCC Act 2013 Laws of Uganda with a principal goal of developing a modern communications sub-sector and Infrastructure in Uganda, in conformity with the operationalization of the Telecommunications Policy.
Deadline: 23rd March, 2016 by 5:00 pm