Responsible for the development of information systems by eliciting requirements, designing, developing, implementing, testing and maintaining
The Software Developer will be responsible for the development of information systems by eliciting requirements, designing, developing, implementing, testing and maintaining software solutions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define, review and validate technical requirements of key stakeholders requiring new software.
- Translate functional specifications into design specifications for use by programmers in collaboration with the application re-engineering expert.
- Manage the Application development process and on a day to day guide programmer to ensure that uniform standards are enforced through, re-use of assets created and integration with existing applications.
- Provide full-life cycle architectural guidance and ensure quality technical deliverables.
- Develop code for identified business functionality and reports in line with good programming practices and object oriented development techniques.
- Instruct users on functions of designed computer programs or the off-shelf programs following guideline laid down in training manuals.
- Manage, develop and appraise the performance of subordinate staff in line with human resource manual.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, ICT.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The incumbent should hold an Honour’s degree in either Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Statistics or Physics and Mathematics.
- Possession of Post graduate qualification in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent and professional certification such as Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD), Oracle Certified Developer (OCD), MCDBA or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least two years experience of developing business applications for medium to large organisations.
- Familiarity with operating systems such as Windows 2003 server, Windows XP, Unix/Linus, database platforms such as MS SQL server and Oracle RDBMS.
- Excellent hands on working experience of developing application systems with Microsoft Visual Studio.net.
- Impeccable level of personal integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team building skills.
Age Limit: 25 – 45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic certificates and transcripts, telephone contacts and addresses of three referees in hardcopy and hand delivered to:
The Executive Secretary, Uganda National Examinations Board, Plot 35 Martrys’ Way, Ntinda, P.O. Box 7066, Kampala, Uganda.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Deadline: 18th March, 2016 by 5pm