Logix Technical Solutions is looking for a Systems Engineer to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot their rapidly expanding infrastructure as well and support their various client/customer as required. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Train fellow staff on improving ICT skill base.
- Provide End user Support Service both in-house and to supported company clients.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE,MCP etc).
- CCNA Qualification or equivalent.
- One to Two years of IT related work experience.
- Proven working experience in Windows based OS support, routers and Network Administration.
- Team Player and Willingness to work within Uganda, and within the East African Region.
Career Level: Experienced (non-manager).
Degree: Bachelor’s degree.
Minimum Years Of Experience: 2 – 5 years.
Professional Skills: MCSE, MCP, CCNA Qualification, Windows based OS support.
Language Skills: Proficiency in English.