MTN-Uganda is looking for an Engineer II-VAS NOC. If you’re interested in the job and you’re qualified, this is an opportunity you shouldn’t miss.
The Engineer II-VAS NOC will be responsible for offering initial support and troubleshooting activities for all MTN -Uganda customer complaints escalated by customer service and escalate incidents that require the attention of high level support as well as ensure availability of VAS / IN Infrastructure / Services through 24 hour Network Monitoring and timely escalation of faults to respective Senior engineers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will ensure availability of VAS/IN Infrastructure /Services through 24 hour Network
- Responsible for monitoring and timely escalation of faults to respective senior engineers.
- Perform initial support and troubleshooting activities for all customer complaints escalated by customer service and escalate incidents that require the attention of high level support.
- Compile fault updates and reports to management over service affecting faults.
- Coordinate the resolution of faults or escalated incidents until closure – also ensure timely communication to stakeholders in case of critical failures.
- Ensure that VAS/IN SLAs with subscriber operations department are met on a regular and consistent basis.
- Responsible for the resolution of work orders as assigned.
- Ensure that all VAS/IN nodes are integrated into the available fault management tools.
- Ensure that all nodes for VAS/IN report statistical performance into FACTs or any other available performance analysis tool.
- Actively participate in VAS/IN Projects as and when required.
- Actively participate in routine testing of all VAS/IN products to ensure optimal performance.
- In charge of the automation of those routines that can be automated.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the MTN Engineer II-VAS NOC career opportunity must hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics/ Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering.
- At least two years’ experience in this area of specialization in telecommunications systems Operations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Software (MS Excel, MS Project, MS Work, MS Power Point etc.).
- Experience in GSM/VAS/IN related network management processes.
- Excellent computing Skills (Linux/Unix basic skills, MS Office).
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- High levels of attention to detail.
- Excellent report writing and analysis skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Can-do attitude.
- Flexibility to do shift work.
- Proven ability to work long hours.
- Do emergency unscheduled work.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send/deliver their Job Applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to the: Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers), Uganda.
Deadline for submission: 2nd March, 2016