Funding Source: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda.
Reports to: Commissioner Refugees.
The Office of the Prime Minster through the Department of Refugees launched a new Refugees Information Management system (RIM) in 2015 with the support of the UNHCR. For the systems maintenance, there is need to ensure its security integrity given the confidential nature of the information captured and the population to which it belongs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent plans and develops data base as well as trouble shooting any issues on behalf of the system user.
- Profiles the SQL server.
- In charge of queries optimization.
- Configures and monitors the data base.
- Undertakes SQL server reporting services.
- Offers technical support in database design.
- Updates and amends existing database and data handling systems.
- Regularly monitors database efficiency.
- Sustains the security and integrity of data.
- Creates complex query definition that allow data to be extracted.
- Mentors and trains colleagues in database usage.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the database administrator should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science. Possession of a master’s Degree in the relevant field is desired.
- At least two years of post-qualification experience in database administration from a reputable Organization.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan should send their applications to the Permanent Secretary, Office of the Prime Minister, 6th Floor, New Government Block Plot 9-11 Apollo Kaggwa Road, P.O. Box 341, Kampala. Uganda
The applications should bear the title of the post, photocopies of the applicants’ academic certificates and transcripts plus recent passport size photographs and any other relevant documents to the applications.
Deadline: 18th March, 2016 by 5:00pm.