The jobholder will design and implement programmes and/or activities for the resource centre.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Programme Responsibilities:
- Responsible for management and smooth running of Mazzi Sub Office.
- Follow up on present and past beneficiaries Alumn.
- Plan for home and school visits in liaison with the Team Leader and compile a comprehensive report to inform decision making.
- Document experiences and best practices to inform future decision making.
- Provide counseling and guidance services.
2. Resource Centre Development:
- Responsible for management and smooth running of the Mazzi resource Centre.
- The jobholder will design and implement programmes and/or activities for the resource centre.
- Mentor and supervise the Resource Centre Attendant.
- Develop a reception system in the resource centre for new visitors (tours, brochures, points of introduction, etc). Make displays (desk, wall and shelf) to encourage more people to borrow books.
- Improve the classification system and monitor what books are being borrowed and replace unused books with new ones.
3. Computer Lab Activities:
- Run and monitor operations in the newly set up ICT Resource Centre.
- Conduct training for computer users.
- In charge of troubleshooting and problem handling of the Resource Centre.
- Act as the main custodian of the organizational assets.
4. Resource Mobilisation
- Advertise the resource centre, computer lab and Mazzi Multipurpose Hall so that more people use it.
- Responsible for generating money from the resource centre, computer lab and Mazzi Multipurpose Hall.
- Provide secretarial services including; typing, printing, scanning, binding, photocopying services and maintain the daily cash book and submit monthly returns to the Accounts Section.
- Compile monthly reports and submit to the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Assistant Programme Officer IT career opportunity should hold a bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Computing or Management Science.
- One or two years experience in a related field.
- Basic networking skills.
- Possess good personal relation skills.
- Strong background in computer trouble shooting and problem handling.
- Ability to work independently.
- Previous sales experiences are of added advantage.
- Ability to ride motorcycle with a valid riding permit.
- Willingness to work in remote areas i.e. Luwero.
- Overall computer concepts, personal computer hardware and software.
- Up-to-date knowledge of technological advancements, technical specifications and operating procedures in the area of work.
- Proven ability to clarify users requests and to respond to and resolve technical problems.
- Ability to provide user support.
- Demonstrated ability to produce documentation and reports.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships with external suppliers.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs including three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address all your applications to: Human Resources Office, Q-Sourcing Limited (U), Plot 14/16 Semawata Road, Ntinda P.O. Box 12883, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda.
Kindly mark your application as “Application_ Assistant Programme Officer – IT” in the subject line of your email.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Deadline: 14th March 2016 by 5:00PM.