iF Design Awards is an international design competition organized by the International Forum Design (IFD). This year, a total of 5,295 products entered the competition and 75 received awards for their design innovation.
Of the 5,295, amongst them were the LG Electronics’ products that managed to receive 25 iF Design Award Recipients and 3 iF Gold Award Recipients totaling to 28 iF Awards, setting the record for the Korean company.
Three unique LG products to win the prestigious iF Gold Awards were; the “LG Signature washing machine” that comes equipped in a tempered glass door and a circular 7-inch touch display features, “LG Signature refrigerator” that features a Knock-on which makes the opaque door transparent with two knocks, plus the auto door feature that opens automatically a person approaches it and lastly “Gram 15 laptop,” with a razor thin thickness of 16.8mm weighing 980g with a 15.6inch screen, which makes it extremely portable.
In addition to its Gold Award recipients, 25 additional products from LG were also honoured with iF Design Awards:
- LG SIGNATURE OLED TV (model 65G6).
- OLED TV (model 65E6).
- LG SIGNATURE Air Purifier (model AW141YAW).
- Mini Beam LED Projector (model PW1500).
- Portable Speaker (models P5, NP5550NC, NP5559NC).
- Portable Speaker Strap (model NP5558MC).
- Curved UltraWide 21:9 monitor (model 34UC98).
- Monitor (model 24MP88).
- All in one PC IPTV (model 27ST67).
- Home IoT Hub (model IHU50).
- LG G4.
- LG Zero (model C100).
- LG Sound 360 (model PBS-C510).
- Rolly Keyboard (model KBB-700 ).
- TONE Active (model HBS-850).
- LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition (model W200).
- QuadBeat 3 Earphone (model HSS-F630).
- Water Purifying Refrigerator with Door-in-Door.
- Top-Loader Washer and Dryer.
- TWINWash™ Washer and Dryer.
- LG Speed Oven+.
- Signature Kitchen Suite.
- LG USP Pictogram.
- ESS (Energy Storage System).
“LG takes design very seriously, and the awards for the LG SIGNATURE lineup and other LG products demonstrate our commitment to aesthetics.” said Noh Chang-ho, vice president and head of corporate design at LG Electronics. “We have a reputation for innovation and will continue to push the boundaries of design with our products.”