The Connected Summit, first held in 2009 in Kenya and later on expanded to East Africa in 2015, aims at establishing a platform for collaboration, capacity building and knowledge sharing between government and the ICT sector with a view of linking and hastening implementation of government IT projects to world-class standards.
The ICT Authority Kenya has taken the pleasure to organize the 8th annual Connected Summit under the theme “Bridging the service gap” at Leisure Lodge Beach and Golf Resort, Diani, Kwale County, Kenya from 21st March to 24th March 2016.
Topics to be discussed:
Connected 2016 will address the ‘Service Gap’ theme by addressing the following topics:
- Status of selected National ICT Projects.
- Improving Government financial efficiency- IFMIS.
- ICT as an enabler for business growth.
- Digital Literacy: whose responsibility?
- Funding ICT development.
- ICT Infrastructure Status Report.
- Data protection and privacy.
- Private-public-partnership to boost efficiency of service delivery.
- Access: is universal internet access possible?
- ICT standards and their impact on contractors.
- Cashless economy beyond mobile payment.
Goals for Connected Kenya 2016 Summit:
- Identify gaps in public sector service delivery that can be solved by innovative use of ICT.
- Highlight efficiency gaps in public sector IT projects and consider policy recommendations.
- Share knowledge, best practice and lessons learnt based on experience in implementing ICT projects.
- Build support on ongoing ICT integrated infrastructure projects.
- Provide a platform for meaningful networking that will result in fruitful relationships that contribute to economic development.
Who should attend?
- Government decision makers.
- ICT executives from public and private sector.
- ICT Industry players from corporate and non-profit.
- Academia and policy experts.
For the Private Sector:
- Connected is the only ICT thought-leadership forum designed for mid to large companies in the region.
- Connected is the only event where you will mix freely with top Kenya government officials from the region and get the opportunity to get valuable insights on policy direction.
- Connected is the best event at which to build valuable relationships with the right partners.
For the Public Sector:
- Connected is the only event where delegates learn what works and what doesn’t in a multi-vendor environment.
- Connected is ideal event to hear real life case studies and insights from global leaders on ICT trends.
- Connected is where delegates learn what innovative solutions exists in the market and how you can partner.
For more details about the Connected Summit 2016, follow the link and you can also register to attend the event, so don’t be left out on this if you want to freely mix with top Kenya government officials from the region and get the opportunity to get valuable insights on policy direction and also hear real life case studies and insights from global leaders on ICT trends.
Download our PC Tech Android App and keep updated on the move.