Marketing your business online is critically important. As technology improves, more of your potential clients will search for products online. If you don’t have an effective website, you’ll lose a huge amount of business to your competitors. Consider hiring an expert to help you create and market your website at a reasonable cost.
The online buying process
A marketing expert can help you understand how customers buy your product online. If you understand the process, you’ll be able to improve your website and increase your chances for a sale.
· Google search: Assume that you client is looking for hiking boots. They may know something about hiking boots already, or ask for some guidance from friends. At some point, it’s very likely that they will search for product information online. Most people perform a search using Google’s search engine.
- Review websites: A customer may check out websites based on a Google search. They may also visit the websites of companies they already know. Customers will visit the site to learn about the product. If they’re interested in hiking boots, they may want information on how well the boots hold up after heavy use. They may also want information on sizes, styles and colors.
- E-commerce: A growing number of consumers want to buy your product online. If the customer makes the decision to buy, they will navigate to your e-commerce page on your site. They’ll select the product they want and submit a payment. Your site should email them a receipt with details on how they will receive the product.
All business owners need to understand these website marketing basics.
Improve your website marketing
A marketing expert can help you make each step on your website marketing more effective. Webmation Marketing explains a key marketing term: conversion rate, which is the process of converting a prospect to a client. As you design your website marketing, keep this concept in mind.
- Google search rankings: When a customer performs a Google search, they are more likely to select a website that ranks in the first page of two of their search results. A marketing firm can help you increase your search ranking. One way to improve your ranking is to post useful content for your audience. If you sell hiking boots, you can post articles about great places to hike.
- An engaging website: Once a client visits your website, you want them to stay on the site and consider buying your product. A marketing firm can provide online publishing advice to make your site more attractive. If you use a publishing tool like WordPress, a marketer can help you select a page theme, organize each webpage and write text. An attractive website can help answer customer questions and entice them to buy your product.
- Convenient e-commence: When a customer decides to buy, marketer can make the process simple and convenient. An expert can make your e-commerce page easy to find and navigate. That page can be linked to an online payment tool. Once the client buys, they should receive a confirmation on the buying screen and by email.
All of these marketing tasks are important. Hiring a marketing person full-time, however, can be expensive. Consider hiring an outside vendor to provide website marketing expertise at a reasonable cost.