Making All Voices Count holds its third annual Global Innovation Competition (GIC 2016). The GIC is open to applicants from around the world with inspiring ideas.
Are you based in Ghana, South Africa, Kenya, Indonesia, the Philippines, Liberia, Tanzania, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Mozambique, Uganda and Nigeria?
The application round for the Making All Voices Count: A Grand Challenge for Development Global Innovation Challenge 2016 just opened.
For this year the five themes to be tacked relate to the programme’s overarching goal; better governance, transparency and accountability, and decreased corruption. The themes are also promoted by Open Government Partnership (OGP) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). These are:
- Political Party Funding.
- Human Rights and Transitional Justice.
- Extractive Industries.
- Climate Change and Resilience.
- finalists will attend the Global Innovation Week in Accra, Ghana; a programme of intensive networking and mentorship.
- winners will receive grants from a pool of GBP 450,000 to support their projects, plus expert mentorship
- applications open on September 8th, 2015 and close on October 4, 2015 at 23:59 GMT;
- public voting and nominations begins on October 12, 2015, and ends on November 11, 2015 at 23:59 GMT;