Google Drive is Google’s file storage & synchronizing service which was released in the year 2012. Google Drive initially offered all its user a 5GB free cloud storage space which is now increased to 15GB. Users can use this 15GB space across three channels i.e. Google Drive, Gmail, and Google+ Photos. In order to backup your photos onto Google Drive specifically you need to have the Google Drive App installed on your iPhone.
Here’s a quick step by step process to guide you through the photo uploading procedure.
1. Go to App Store & download Google Drive App on your iPhone.
2. Launch Google Drive app, then click the plus”+” icon in the upper right.
3. Now on the screen that opens up, select “Upload Photo or Video” option.
4. You’ll now be taken to you “Camera Roll”. Tap and selct the ones that you wish to upload to Google Drive.
5. Once done with the selection, click “Upload”. The photos will upload quickly.
Note: If you are uploading a lot of photos, do it using Wi-Fi. Uploading via your regular data plan will be costly and slow as compared to uploading through through Wi-Fi. So, for large uploads it is recommended to use a Wi-Fi connection.