This week, Orange Uganda will host the Orange Expo for the fourth year in a row, under the theme “come and get wowed”.
The event comes about a month earlier than previous editions which have often been held in November. In the absence the ICT Expo, the Orange Expo is now the largest technology event in Uganda, attracting hundreds of participants each year, and continues to underscore Orange’s data-lead approach to the Ugandan market.
The internet is definitely occupying more and more time in our agendas. Orange has acknowledged that fact by adapting its product portfolio to customer usages: from the occasional mobile surfer to the movie download addict.
– Former Orange Uganda’s Chief Strategy Officer, Edouard Blondeau told PC Tech Magazine in a 2011 interview.
Orange this year launched its Orange Money service, 4G/LTE internet, and a host of other service offerings. This expo will undoubtedly present an opportunity for customers to get a first-hand experience at the latest trends in the telecommunications sector, while possibly winning give-aways too.
Orange says the 2013 expo will show case Orange Uganda as the best all round mobile operator in Uganda, providing the best quality services to compliment our customers’ mobile lifestyle:
Visitors will be able to;
- enjoy fun-filled hands on experience with the different devices, content and innovative products and services.
- enjoy online gaming, free Wi-Fi, watch the latest movies in 3D, football, kids’ games, etc.
- buy exciting and new devices at special discounts.
- win instant prizes during the ‘spot the Orange Mascot’ times, gaming competitions, spin the wheel and in the sample demo area.
- Spot the Orange Mascot. The audience will get surprise visits by the Orange Mascot who can be a celebrity or an Orange Staff member in a unique attire at any of the experiential areas at any random times in the day. He / She will ask questions related to activities at the Orange Expo and the targeted visitors with the correct answers will win instant incredible prizes.
- Free calling tunes and mobile portal content will be given to visitors in the sample dem area. We can invite popular FM station DJs, e.g. from Radio city to create excitement in this area.
- Free viewing at the 3D cinema at specific times of the day.
- Competitions in the gaming area. (Foosball and Coke connect by Heineken and Coca-Cola.) Here, we can also invite celebrities like Fat boy from Sanyu FM to MC at the gaming final competitions.
- Free Wi-Fi access in the internet area.
- Spin the wheel to win prizes for those who buy devices worth 100,000/- and above.
- Launch of Matatu mobile application, Huawei Ascend P6 or Nokia Lumia 925, etc.
- Entertainment by popular local artists during the evening hours.