Application should be made by finalist students to enter the competetion. The entry should be endorsed by the project supervisor to authenticate ownership of the mobile application.
Submit your entry by 25th May 2012 to firstname.lastname@example.org and stand a chance to win:
- 1st prize: 10 million shillings towards the application pilot and internship for 12 months
- 2nd prize: 5 million shillings worth of support towards the deployment of the application and internship for 12 months
- 3rd prize: internship for 6 months
- an android phone for each qualifying app
The winning application will be selected by a panel of experts based on the following criteria:
- best innovation
- will improve/ support communities
- practical and easy to deploy into a live environment
- has economical potential
Each entry should have:
- A full presentation on the application highlighting how it will benefit the community
- demonstration of how it works
- Phased planning of how it will be implemented
The wining application will be announced at the Orange Community Innovations award ceremony, date to be announced.